Now Hiring: Leasing & Development Associate
We are a Boston-based advisory firm helping landlords, developers, and institutions with real estate projects that require expertise related to retail leasing, urban design, ground-floor activation, and storytelling. Our team is made up of a diverse set of individuals with experience in commercial transactions, real estate development, urban planning, small business advocacy, community engagement, graphic design, and branding. The entire Graffito Team is committed to working with our clients and partners in ways that leverage a local-first mentality, and intentionally supports the BIPOC community.
We believe enlightened and effective retail leasing is key to the success of urban mixed-use real estate projects. The Graffito team has experience leasing retail space on behalf of landlords at various scales and working on some of the most exciting developments in Greater Boston, including District Hall (Seaport), Discover USQ (Somerville), Cambridge Crossing, Kendall Square at MIT, Charles River Speedway (Brighton), Alexandria Center, (Cambridge) and Zone 3 (Allston), just to name a few. In addition, Graffito collaborates with a unique mix of tenants on their rollout plans and real estate strategies including, but not limited to Tatte Bakery & Cafe, Clover, Revival Kitchen, Row 34, and Life Alive.
At Graffito we are committed to building a team that represents a collection of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We embody and embrace the power of differences and understand the more inclusive we are with our Team, the more impactful our work will be.
We are looking for a driven candidate with experience in one or more of the following areas: urban planning, construction, design, development, hospitality, asset management, leasing, and or property management. This is an impact-driven position that will enable you to create and foster new client and retail relationships, develop new business, and participate in commercial transactions.
As part of the Leasing and Development Team, you will gain a well-rounded perspective on real estate development, retail leasing and strategy, urban design, and place-keeping.
- Ability to lead prospects tours outside of the office and in person (all in-person work conducted with strong adherence to safety guidelines and protocols to protect staff from COVID risks)
- Independently manage and respond to tenant requests in a professional and timely manner
- Manage inbound interest via phone and email on projects from brokerage and retail community
- Collect, record, and maintain accurate information for each leasing assignment/project
- Assist in developing and implementing tenant recruitment and outreach strategies
- Assist in drafting proposals and communications with clients
- Serve as the liaison between the GSP marketing team (GID) and Leasing Team
- Attend weekly staff meetings to discuss prospects, properties and share ideas with Team
- At Graffito no job is too small or occasionally too big! We have an all-hands-on-deck mentality, expect additional duties as needed.
- 2-3 years of transferable knowledge/experience in any of the areas mentioned above
- Strong interest in temporary urbanism, place-keeping, and retail
- Thrives in a highly entrepreneurial environments
- Self-starter with strong follow-through and organizational skills
- Proven track record as self-starter and independent thinker
- Clear and effective communicator (written and verbal)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Slack, GSuite, additional experience with lease management software (View the Space/VTS) highly desired
- Experience in commercial real estate is beneficial, but NOT required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Unlike other more traditional brokerage firms, all professionals at Graffito are full-time W2 employees. This role will have a base salary of $60K – $80K with additional annual performance bonuses.
- Retirement savings with a 401(k) and company match
- 100% of Health Insurance paid by GSP
- Generous paid time off
- Company-paid Continuing Ed. and Annual Retreats
- Hybrid office/remote work model
- Commuting and cell phone allowances
- New Apple computer provided
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and answer our questions below: