Now Hiring – Retail Leasing Positions
Graffito SP (GSP) is a Boston-based real estate development and urban design firm focused on ground floor leasing and activation projects. Our approach embraces a local-first mentality that is steeped in the context of the places and spaces we work. The GSP team is made up of professionals with diverse skill sets working across various disciplines.
Graffito’s current leasing and retail strategy assignments are made up of some of the most exciting projects in Greater Boston, including work for key landowners and master developers in East Cambridge, South Boston, East Boston, Allston-Brighton, Somerville, Malden and Newton.
The majority of Graffito’s leasing practice is, by design, an agency practice that includes REITs, universities and institutional investor clients. A small portion of Graffito’s leasing practice, though, does include tenant representation work for Tatte Bakery & Café, Clover, Everybody Fights and Revival Kitchen & Café, four aggressively growing Greater Boston-based retail concepts. Ideal candidates therefore shall have experience working for both Landlords and Tenant.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & VALUES
In addition to working in retail real estate, applicants must have a strong interest in temporary urbanism, place-making and place management. Furthermore, interested parties must be comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and have a proven track record as self-starters and independent thinkers.
Applicants for the Associate position hereunder must also have:
- 3+ years working in retail real estate leasing and/or development on behalf of landowners and/or tenants
- Comfort and experience recruiting and qualifying retail tenants for mixed-use assets in the urban context
- Experience drafting term sheets and communicating directly and independently with retailers and restaurateurs regarding such
- Ability to prepare and create written project reports and market analysis
- Experience with retail merchandising exercises for projects wherein total retail space for lease is in excess of 20,000 SF
- Proficiency working with MS Word, Excel, G Suite and VTS
- Massachusetts (or reciprocal state) Real Estate Broker or Salesperson License
Applicants for the Director position must satisfy the above plus:
- 10+ years working in retail leasing and/or development
- Extensive local and national contacts in the brokerage community
- Extensive local and national contacts in the retail and restaurant community
- Experience sourcing and negotiating a wide variety of retail and/or restaurant deals in the urban context
- Comfort in dealing directly with developers, architects, engineers, general contractors, attorneys, and municipalities in the various regulatory and transactional matters that touch retail leasing and development
- Experience overseeing and managing junior brokers
- Extensive experience drafting and creating Merchandising Plans, Term Sheets and Lease Abstracts
- Extensive experience reviewing and commenting on Work Letters, Leases, and Marketing Materials
- Interest in and ability to work with the larger Graffito team on non-leasing matters, including master planning, urban design, real estate development and place management
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Unlike other more traditional brokerage firms, all real estate professionals at Graffito are full-time W2 employees and receive the following:
- Competitive base salary with annual performance bonuses*
- Company 401K
- 100% of Health Insurance paid by GSP
- Flexible Vacation Policies
- Company paid Continuing Ed. and Annual Retreats
- Commuting, Computer, Gym & Mobile Phone allowances
- Best in market office snacks, lunches and coffee
*Profit-sharing opportunities to be discussed for Director position
Interested applicants shall submit a resume, brief and casual cover letter, and a sample work product to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Leasing Position.” All correspondence related to this position will be treated in strict confidence and until and unless notice to the applicant shared only with Graffito’s Founder/President, VP of Leasing, and Director of Administration.